Thursday, April 12, 2012

College Fashion Week

 College Fashion Week is currently underway here at U of I, and so far it's a HUGE success! Monday was the kick-off concert with Antique Beats at Canopy Club, Tuesday was the student style competition (congrats to winner Catie Harrell with the most "likes") as well as Ford Models Chicago open casting call at Clys, and yesterday was the Fashion Conference, which I was lucky enough to speak at!


After listening to the women of Ford Models Chicago impart their wisdom to a room full of eager students, I had the honor of sitting on a student panel with Gordana Rasic, Catherine Taich, Jessie Whitman and Katerina Bizios in order to share my experience in the fashion industry with fellow students. I had a great time and was happy to meet and talk to some amazing people who I know will go very far in life. The talent and ambition on this campus never ceases to amaze me....

And speaking of ambition, Jenn Ruppert deserves a big congrats on the impressive way all her efforts over the past few months have come together so well this week. Your hard work is paying off!

Here are some pictures from various events of the week!

Saige, Nikki and I walking around campus with the Ford Model scouts! (Photo cred: Saige Hooker)
CFW promo booklets!

CFW banner the G Phi house
CFW banner at the Tridelt house

Flyer for Wednesday's Conference
Another flyer for the Fashion Conference















Catherine, Gordana, Jessie, me and Kat - great group!

My outfit for the conference - necklace: chloe + isabel; bralette: American Eagle; shirt: Forever 21; skirt: Private Gellery; shoes: Target; bracelets: chloe + isabel; ring: Forever 21; watch: Michael Kors.
In honor of the new spring 2012 chloe + isabel collection being released yesterday, I sported a very spring-y arm party with some of the new pieces!
Over 100 students came out to the Ford open casting call!

Catie Harrell, the winner of the ILL-est style competition


The remaining events of CFW are:










*I will be at the Trunk Show on Sunday selling & styling chloe + isabel jewelry!!!


Love, Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment