Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Here comes the bride...

On October 15, 2011, my sister got married to my new brother-in-law, Steve Tatterson! It's been over a month but the fact that my sister is now a married woman has yet to hit me. As well as the fact that we now longer share the same last name:( It'll take some getting used to.... But, I am SO happy for her and was honored to be the maid-of-honor in the wedding. 

The weekend (bridal brunch, church rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, getting ready, ceremony, taking professional photos, and reception) was absolutely beautiful. I don't think my sister would have changed a thing, especially the venue which was the River East Art Center in Chicago. Truly an amazing weekend - one that I nor anyone that attended the wedding will ever forget. I thought I'd share some pictures of the weekend with you all. I had my sister's Nikon literally attached to my side the entire time which explains the abundance of photos. I think the professional photographers wanted me gone...oops.

I was so happy to be surrounded by the people that mean the most to me. Such an unforgettable memory. Enjoy!

With love, Em.


Rechearsal the day before the wedding. I'm wearing: dress - ASOS; shoes - DV by Dolce Vita; watch - Michael Kors.
My dad and my sister practicing their walk down the aisle. My sister is wearing: dress - Tibi.
My dad and I at the rehearsal dinner.
My beautiful best friend Alexis joined in the festivities all weekend as she's practically our third sister. Alexis is wearing: a custom-made dress from Denver.
Me and my boyfriend Jason, who was a groomsman in the wedding.
Me and my sister's best friend Amanda, another bridesmaid.
Best friends.
Dad, bride-to-be and mom.
Beautiful white flowers. All white of course.
The amazing dress - Monique Lhuillier.
Custom-made hanger.
Sequin, beading and pearl details.
Getting the dress and belt all situated.
Glamourous add-on belt by Kristen Kuehn designs.
Mid getting ready.
The bride getting her makeup done by the fabulous Morgan Byrne, who also happens to be my best friend.


The shoes: Jimmy Cho

Capturing an emotional moment before we left for the Church

The MOB - mother of the bride aka my mom!

Some bridesmaids on the trolley en route to St. Josephat's Church. Dresses - J. Crew; necklaces - Green Goddess.

My sister and I heading to the ceremony!

Again.

The bride's bouquet.

Dress detailing and her sparkling bracelets.

Bridesmaids bouquets - white roses.

More pictures in the trolley.

First time my Dad saw her all day!

The officially married couple!!

Taking pictures on Michigan Avenue.

Goofy groomsmen. Let the party begin! 

My awesome waterfall braid!

Such a happy bride now that the hard part is over:)

Making sure the veil doesn't get ruined.

Trolley ride in between picture locations.

What a classy bride....Guess you can never refuse an icing.

So happy.

Touching up her makeup before the reception.

Siblings:) On the way to River East Art Center.

The beautiful reception tables.


What an amazing space, and being right on the river doesn't hurt!

A look down at the reception room from the cocktail hour balcony.

Bird's eye view of the head table.

Such pretty lighting.

Place card table with amazing flower arrangements.

Love the tall vases and ghost chairs.

And all the candles!

White flowers, of course.

Mine and Jason's place card. My sister found an amazing calligrapher!

Flowers immersed in waters.

So much glass and so many candles!

Cake detailing.

Red velvet cake - my sister's favorite!

More room photos.

And again, with the cake in the center of the room which would later serve as the dance floor.

Draping.

Trying to find the bridal suite.

Double fisting on her wedding night? Ambitious. 

The bride and our nephew, Christopher.

I loved the decorations....can you tell?

LOVE hydrangeas. 

So many vases.

Cake cutting!

The dress looks so pretty when it catches the light.

Ooops, I will definitely be ruining this professional photo...

First dance.

Such great dancers....

Father/daugher dance.

This is so cute.

Trying not to cry.

The groom and his mom.

Both couples.

My mom and dad - thanks for throwing an amazing party and helping to create an unforgettable memory!

Talking and dancing.

Love this photo.

NOW the party begins....and doesn't stop all night.

Three of my best friends - Brooke, Camille and Alexis.

My boyfriend Jason and his lovely parents!

Brooke and I.

Fab 5 Forever. Morgan, Camille, Brooke, me and Alexis. 

What a group...

Jason, me, my cousin Kevin, my cousin Sam on the right and his girlfriend Haley.

We like to dance....a lot! George, Aunt Therese and Camille.

Jason and I <3

Again.

And the bottom of the dress finally comes off! What a nifty little thing!

My best Alexis and my boyfriend's mom tearing up the dance floor.

Camille and Alexis.

I get my dance moves from my dad...

It's a Chi Omega tradition.

Sorority sisters and best friends:)

My nephew Christoper, my brother Chris, and Christopher's mom Natasha.

The bride and our proud dad.

Love being surrounded by the people that are closest to my heart.

Love you.

Mom and dad still dancing away.

I love myself some dancing...

Ahh I want my hair done like that again!

Bride's chair.

Groom's chair.

Entrance of River East Art Center.

And the party continues....after party at Timothy O'Toole's.

Karaoke time!

Singing away...

My friends hogged the mic....but I still love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment