Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Brighten Up Your Gym Routine

This semester, most of my free time will be devoted to training for the Illinois Half Marathon that takes place on April 27. It's my first half marathon, so I'm both excited and nervous at the same time! I have experience with competitive long distance running, thanks to my 4+ years of intense cross country and track before and during high school (what what Illinois 2006 State XC champs!), but this feels like a whole new challenge. I've joined a local "boot camp" fitness class called Camp Gladiator that I actually attended for the first time today, and let me tell you, it kicked my butt. I'm sore in literally every spot on my body. In addition to my boot camp, which is at 5:30 or 6:30 a.m. Monday - Friday, I'm following a half marathon running regimen courtesy of Nike. So, needless to say, I will essentially be living at the gym four the next few months. 

I knew I would need a little trick to keep me motivated and enthusiastic about hitting the gym so often, so I updated my workout wardrobe with some cute, bright items. I figured this would make me more likely to want to wear my workout clothes, and, so far so good. There's nothing more motivating than walking into the gym feeling cute and chipper thanks to some bright, livening and inspiring workout "swag."

Here are some of my favorite, colorful workout clothing items. If you're looking for that little bit of push to get you to the gym, I highly recommend investing in some of these pieces!

Love always, Em.

Lululemon - Groove Short

Nike - Women's Pro Core Compression Training Shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment