Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lollapalooza 2012

Well, another year, another Lolla. And, as expected, it did not disappoint. Three days of music with great friends amongst a beautiful backdrop of my home city - what could be better? 

This year had to have been one of my best Lollas to date. With the exception of Storm-a-paloza that resulted in the evacuation of Grant Park for about three hours, the weekend was perfect. And the highlight - aside from my favorite show, which was undoubtedly Calvin Harris - was meeting my two absolute favorite bloggers: Shea Marie from Cheyenne Meets Chanel and Chiara Ferragni from The Blonde Salad. Saying that these two are my favorite bloggers is an understatement. In the hopes of not sounding hopelessly pathetic, let's just say I'm a avid reader. I love each of their distinct styles and look up to them as veteran bloggers. I creepily knew that they were going to be at Lolla via their blogs and Twitter, but since Lolla brought in 270,000 people, I knew my chances of seeing them were about one in, well, 270,000. But lo and behold, the meeting place my friends and I established on Friday was right outside the entrance to the VIP area Shea and Chiara had access to as part of their Lolla/Gap/Threadless experience. My friends and I were sitting in the grass right outside the entrance when the blogger duo walked out and right past us. As if seeing them wasn't enough, they sat down five feet away. Since I knew I'd probably never have another chance, I went right over, said hi and told them what a huge fan I was. They were so sweet {and gorgeous!}, and nice enough to chat for a minute. I could have sat there and picked their brains forever, but I knew I needed to let them get back to enjoying the concert, so after snapping a quick pic, I went on my way. 

To some, this story may not sound exciting. But for me, it was an opportunity to meet two huge sources of fashion and blogging inspiration. To top it all off, Shea posted the picture one of her friends took of us on her blog --- I almost died when I saw it! Visit Shea's 'Lollapalooza' post to see it!

To avoid ruining my new SLR, I went into Lolla equipped only with my iPhone, so sorry for the quality of the pictures. I also didn't snap outfit pics, but check back for another post breaking down what I wore for the three day music fest!






















No comments:

Post a Comment